It's time for a change.

Trying to deal with a child with Asperger's Syndrome.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

And God Said

God didn't say a damn thing. That would be the televangelists, priests, and other religous leaders. I believe that religion is the drug of the masses. That's not to say I don't believe in God, but I don't think kneeling on the floor and repeating prayers that were written by men centuries ago are going to save my soul.

Operative word in that was MEN. It was a group of men that caused all that Inquisition mess in Europe. Burning people at the stake and such. Who were the main victims of this women of course. Some villages left with no women over the age of 5 left alive.

And I'm suposed to be all mushie in church on hard uncomfortable pews. When I can talk to God all I want in the privacy of my own home, and tell God whatever I want in whatever words I choose. God doesn't care that I haven't brushed my hair, changed my clothes, or put a bra on today. He just doesn't want to be ignored. So, what's the point of all this? I think that we put to much stock in and spend too much time dealing with the religous leaders in the media.

The pope needs a feeding tube. So do hundreds of other people every day. Jerry Faldwell is in the hospital with pneumonia. Oh well, so are hunderds of other people in the world. The point being why do we care about these religious leaders and not all the other people who aren't rich, famous, or religious leaders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home