It's time for a change.

Trying to deal with a child with Asperger's Syndrome.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I never stole shit in my life.

Yesterday at UGH we had out quarterly inventory meeting. You know to say you suck and such. Well I guess employee mishandling of mercandise is a big problem, not shoplifters.
We have alot of shop lifters. They run out with entire cart loads of food and shit. Well to combat this serious inventory shortage problem now we have to check in all products that could have been bought in the store and have them initialed.

Which means if I bring my lunch in they get to search it and initial it before I can go put it away.
So, after this suck ass meeting I walked up to my front end manager and said I have Carmex, Blistex, and soft lips in my locker. Then I added I've also got a couple of maxi pads. Just didn't want to be accused of stealing anything. I was pissed I haven't stolen anything from an employer in my life. I was told the maxi pad thing was too much information, but they said anything that we could possibly sell. So, I did my job as an employee.

As to the shoplifter thing. We are not allowed to ask them to return things we know they stole as they run out of the store. We are also not allowed to ask for a receipt. You know we might offend them by asking them if they are robbing us blind. I don't know about you but all this shit pisses me off.

2 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger Madame D said...

I love that.
Yes, no running after the person once they've exited the store.
That's universal.

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Deli mom said...

Yeah I guess, but not even to be able to ask someone drinking a soda if they'd like you to ring that up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home