It's time for a change.

Trying to deal with a child with Asperger's Syndrome.

Friday, April 15, 2005

Most Accidents Occur In The Home

Guess what? It's true. O.K. here's the entire embarassing(and I mean bare assing) story.
I called and talked to my mother, yelled at the children to go to sleep, and thought I'd grab a quick shower before bed.

Well, whomever said plastic bathmats made showering safer was sadly mistaken. I was one foot in and one foot out when suddenly........BOOM. Down I went. The act I fondly refer to as shower surfing occured.

What is shower surfing you might ask? Shower surfing is when the plastic shower mat that is suposed to keep you from falling doesn't have all of it's suction cups down and you surf across the tub. This is all well and good if both feet are in the tub. One in and one out leads to slamming your leg on the side of the tub. So, now I have a huge knot on the side of my leg right below the knee that hurts like hell to walk on.

This post is a warning to all. Before you step on that little plastic mat make sure all the suction cups are firmly in place. If you don't you could end up just like old Double Bagger. Laid up on the couch with a sore leg and at the mercy of the evil little creatures I call my small children.

2 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger Madame D said...

Those are EVIL!
My gran has one, and it is never down. I told her that it's dangerous, and she doesn't believe me. Just said "I just stamp it down."
Well, fine. Whatever, crackhead.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Deli mom said...

Even when you think it's down. It might not be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home