It's time for a change.

Trying to deal with a child with Asperger's Syndrome.

Friday, April 01, 2005

Why Do Some Old People Really Suck Ass?

Today I met some old people who really make me want to give up my job by committing a severly violent act against them. The first was an old hag who wanted specially ground coffee. Not a problem on a normal day, but today being the first of the month. This means welfare, ssi, and all sorts of government checks came today. Not to mention no small amount of food stamps. Well, we are in the middle of a remodel, and for some reason the electrition had unplugged the units with the grinders in them.

The old bat not only made me go find the maintenance guy, but also the electrition in charge of the remodel. Then she made me stand there and wait while the maintenance guy and the electriton climbed on top of the units and moved entire endbases looking for the outlet to plug the units in. They found the outlet behind the endbase at the end of the aisle. This took 40 minutes. While we waited for the maintenance guy and electrition to arrive I tried to get the machine to work(not knowing it was unplugged). She had it set on esspresso, so naturally I tried other settings to see if it was just that setting. The old bitch yelled at me,"don't change that that's the setting I want."

So, we were standing there waiting while the electrition looked for the outlet. This woman bitched about how the cereal(across the aisle from the coffee bean station) had gone up 20 cents a box. Then she saw r2d2 and c3po on a box of corn flakes and threw a fit saying things like "That would scare a small child" and "What were they thinking putting something that scarry on a box of cereal?" Then she wanted me to watch carefully in case I had to fix them next time. At which time the maintenance guy handed me his broom so he could help the electrition. (Oh, my god the will power it took not to beat her with the broom.) After I ground her coffee for her she still wanted to show me where the plug in was. At which time I told her I was a couresy clerk, not a maintenance guy or an electritian, and I really didn't need to know where it was to bag groceries.

I deserve a medal for not beating the old bat to a bloody pulp with a broom.

2 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger Madame D said...

Oh, I am so sorry I wasn't there to beat the old bat. I would have taken her out for you. Fucking bitch.

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Deli mom said...

Now I find out the old twit is a regular, and I've just never seen her before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home