It's time for a change.

Trying to deal with a child with Asperger's Syndrome.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Watermelon Worse Than Jello Shots

This is a story of two people and a disasterous atempt at two simply made items (so I'm told). One being yours truly Doublebagger and the other is the famous/infamous Madame Dabarge. About 2 years ago we atempted to make jello shots. The problem was or so I'm told. The recipie called for the jello shots to be made with straight vodka. It also said it would set up in 3 hours. We waited the alotted time and drank screwdriver's. Note the occasion was my non-aniversery party, the first one after my husband left me. A great occasion for drinking. Well, back to our story. We waited while getting drunk. Then what should happen when we went to serve the shots. We found the formula (at least taste wise) for....... you'll never guess it in a million years....CHERRY NYQUIL. Can you say eeeewwww, what a waist of good vodka.

Fast forward two years...........

Last Saturday night, the time right after I got off work, the place good old Doublebagger's place again. The brillent idea this time we cut up watermelon and soak it in tequilla in a tupper ware bowl.

Fast forward to that night.......

The Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back drinking game. We get buzzed, and forget about the watermelon until later. Much later, like almost dawn. Well, so it didn't get ate that night.

Fast forward to Monday night.........

I figure what the hell lets try it. It's been marinating for 3 full days. I put the fruit in my mouth.
Guess what happened? It burnt my tounge. I choked it was like putting rubbing alcohol on an open sore. Ok from now on I'm sticking to Jack Daniels and Pepsi, Strawberry Fru-Fru drinks, or just plain shots. Take it from good old Doublebagger it doesn't pay to experiment with new combo's with alcohol.

2 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger Madame D said...

AHAHAHA! Dude, we so suck at this.
Yeah, I'm all about the white russians, a blended grasshopper on occasion, or just plain vodka.
This is what happens when the non-drinking decide to try and interest-up our drinking.

 
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No shit. No more experimentation. With alcohol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home