It's time for a change.

Trying to deal with a child with Asperger's Syndrome.

Monday, June 06, 2005

I'm smarter than you think I am.

An anonomous (spelling still sucks) comment inspired this post. I am a fairly intelligent person. I just don't want anyone to know it. If a person knows you have more than air between your ears they expect things from you. You know like good ideas, a clean house, and shit like that. Humor is the only defense I have ever found that really works. I make fun of just about everything in fact me, my mom, and uncle cracked jokes at my great aunts funeral. See, it worked no one freaked out we all just handle things diferently.

I handle my life in as worry free a way as possible for a cronic worrier. If the dishes don't get done today. Oh well, as long as I took that extra moment to tell my kids I love them before school and when they go to bed. Life is uncertain even in the best of times. Definately in the worst of times. I have been through a lot in my life and I think I deserve to flake off whenever I feel like it. I don't want to be a leader. I'm perfectly happy being a follower with random bursts of power in between.

The schedule thing is actually funny. Because I'm an obsessive planner ask Madame D. about my lists. I used to list everything. Including the order that cleaning had to be done in. I gave this up and just decided to live my life. I don't want to ever be ruled by lists again. I did make my own budget on my computer yesterday. I hope it's realistic enough for me to stick to.

Zevon has now cut my book budget from $20 a week to zero, by moving all of his books temorarily to my apartment in transit to the storage unit. I have a box full of books to read. I don't know what I'll do when I'm done with those. That $20 a week was at a used book store. I don't know how long I can read sci-fi fantasy. Though I will for as long as I can. I usually read 2-3, 350 to 400 page books a week.

Well,ttfn.

1 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Madame D said...

Worry free is good.
I try not to worry as much as possible. It really has done wonders for me. And it helps to not have someone saying "Don't worry so much!" Because that just pissed me off!
Your house is way clean. So what if the boys room is messy? Even the other rooms are cleaner. There's floor and counter in the bathroom and kitchen, no icky food laying around, could be worse.
p.s.-happy birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home