It's time for a change.

Trying to deal with a child with Asperger's Syndrome.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

My knee is killing me and my doctor is a dumb ass.

I have had some serious pain in the left side of my right knee for about a month and a half now.
Well, I finally broke down this week and went to the doctor. What did he tell me you might ask?

He says,"that's interesting. How did you do it?" That is what I went to him for. I wanted for him to tell me what was wrong with me. I thought that was why I paid my $20 co-pay for. Well, guess what he tells me? He says he thinks I stretched out the ligament on the left side of my knee, but doesn't know how that's possible without more damage. How the hell should I know I'm not a doctor. Now I paid my money and saw the doctor and he tells me to get a $20 knee brace. Which I was planning on doing anyway. That's $40 when it could have been $20. The best part is if it doesn't work I get to go to 6-8 weeks of physical therapy. You know the options just get worse from there. OK, so we're up to $40 plus $20 a week for 8 weeks. That equals $200. Now you must realize after taxes and union dues I make like $140 a week. Surgury would cut my income to like $80 a week on disability. The totals are all with insurance. Surgury would cost me $50 plus $20 for the doctor $20 for the anistesiologist. Thats like $280 without prescriptions. Not counting rent, phone, electric, and food for myself and 2 kids. So, I guess I'll put this stuff off until I absolutly have to do it. I guess I can survive another year.


Well thats enough. ttfn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home