It's time for a change.

Trying to deal with a child with Asperger's Syndrome.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Slip and fall revisited.

I have a lot of thinking to do today. I think I've gone and stepped in it. The little girl who slipped and fell in a puddle of water at UGH and had a bitch for a mother. Here is a recap.

The little girl is walking quickly, she slips, and she falls. OK. I saw her walking holding her back and heard her friend say she fell at which point moved the wet floor sign to the middle of the puddle, and asked the girl if she was ok. Not the mom the kid. All this time the mom is yelling about how I was just trying to avoid a lawsuit. Which until then had not even entered my mind. I was just worried someone else was going to fall. The mother was still yelling and bitching when I decided to grab the quart of milk I was originally going for. The milk was not even 6 ft. away. After I grabbed the milk, I walked over to the woman and her child and asked her if she'd like to talk to the manager and fill out an accident report. She yelled at me that there was no point in it now.

I would have been more than happy to go to the manager with her and tell what happened. Instead I walked up front to the managers office. On the way I came in contact with the woman again and asked her if she was sure she didn't want to speak to the manager. I was just going to get him, and she screamed at me, "I don't want to talk to you, you're rude." Then I proceeded to the manager's office and no one was there. At which time I heard the checker call for a manager and the woman yelling. I thought that was the end of it. Well, I guess the woman took her child to the doctor. Then I thought that was the end of it again. Oh no that would be too easy. Today a woman came in and said her daughter was the little girl that was with the girl who fell and that the people at this store were rude, and it was not handled well.

Now I was afraid the mother would come into the store and get me fired so I went to our stores union steward and asked her what to do. She told me to go to managment so I went to the second assistant front end manager and told him. Now I have to document the incident for them. I just have a feeling that it's going to go bad for me. I'm scared and crying now. I'm afraid of losing my job and I'm afraid what this visious woman would do if she knew I was documenting it.

ttfn

7 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Jesus!
Being not big assed or gay Double, I feel yr pain.
(Heh..No worries...*Pulls up my leotards)
Fechin' weird place you seem to work at.
Shit all around..People slipping and slidding to their DOOM!
I must ask..."Has anyone actually fallen into the poop?"
If so, did you laugh?
I would have. I know. It's work and serious but you must admit from a reader of yr Blog it's funny.
Especially after I can picture you reading and then that stuff happening.
*You put down the book and then..." Oh Christ! Someone has fallen into shite once again..." Cartman voice comes out..."God Damn it!"

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Deli mom said...

No one has fallen in shit. Though I constantly have my break interupted by people.

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Deli mom said...

I work for one in a national chain of grocery stores. They make us be nice to people or they call you in the office and yell at you until you cry. Oh well, shit happens. Giving our best my ass.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I understand.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I like you. Kinda funny. Well, really funny at times. And yes, I do this..
reyner00 fer Yahoo yakkin' The more the merrier N'est pas? Oh yeah...Not Evil...Not Insane...Um...(Trying to figure out what not else..Ask Madame.)
Attempt to add me if you like.
Poop conversations could prove productive.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger mcgibfried said...

this is just fucked up!

i hate when people try and blow shit out of proportion...

that woman should be slapped!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Madame D said...

"...could prove productive."
Evil heh.
I hope the biatch gets run over.
Because I'm cool like that.
Actually, because she fucking deserves it for not making sure her kid was okay first, just yelling at you because she didn't pay attention to her kid.
Total TWAT.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home