It's time for a change.

Trying to deal with a child with Asperger's Syndrome.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

What the hell is up with our government?

In this day and age of advanced technology and free thinking ideas. Why is it that church groups and private organizations can organize help for the victims of Hurricane Katrina before the US government can? Yes, I understand it takes time, but on 9/11 they were there the next day.

I don't know exactly how long it takes to become delirious from lack of food and water. Though I am pretty sure the delirium from dehydration doesn't take long in 100 degree weather with 90% humidity with no water. Then people wonder why people are discouraged and shooting at helicopters. Ok, here's another one. I knew through AOL and the news that there were people in the convention center as well as the superdome. The people in charge of relief supplies said they just found out yesterday. Ok, tell me that no one told them and then ask me if I believe it. HELL NO!!!

Why does this surprise me? When the people of New Orleans asked for money to secure the levies and to make the city safe in case of a storm. The government said no, that we were fighting a war and the money wasn't there. Now they are going to have to spend twice as much just to help the people whose lives were distroyed by this tragedy.

They say finger pointing won't help at this point. I don't give a shit about that. I wish people in the government would pull their heads out of their asses and realize what they are doing to the people who put them in office.

Don't even get me started on the media during this crisis. They are acting like sharks who've gotten the scent of blood. Did anyone see the footage of the little girl and her grandpa? The reporters sped by on their boat filming the little girl while she said"please help us." There where two of them. The reporters wouldn't have been swamped with people needing help, but it would have shown a little compasion in this terrible time. They call it the heartless media. Well, ain't that the truth. May god have mercy on their souls, because no one else will.

That's all I've got for now.

ttfn

1 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Deli mom said...

I didn't know about him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home