It's time for a change.

Trying to deal with a child with Asperger's Syndrome.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Sick again. No not me.

I don't post a whole lot about my kids on here, but today I guess I will. I'm stuck with winney Little C. He woke up this morning to get ready for school. He was coughing so hard he was thowing up. Then he started to have seizures. Not the big floppy kind. He's only had one of those and it's been years. He has petiet mal seizures which means he spaces off. His face kinda looks like the faces of the zombies in the old zombie movies. Pale and blank. Today he also had a twitchy seizure he hasn't had in a while. It's where his right hand twitches while he's having the petiet mal seizure. He also had eye tic seizures this morning. Then wonder of wonders when he's not seizing he's coughing. Then he can't catch his breath and we have to use the rescue inhaler for his asthma. I had to call into work. If things didn't get better I would have had to take him to the hospital. We laid down to rest at 10 am. The next thing I knew it was 2 pm. He's better now his meds. have kicked in. He still has the cough and a slight fever. No more seizures for now. I hope it stays that way. The seizures and asthma attack all happened between 8 am and 10 am. It's been a busy day.

Little C. is sick a lot his meds. weaken his imune system just enough to make sure if someone around him has a cold or the flu he gets it. Though it's not weak enough for him to get so sick he won't recover from the cold or flu. The flu shot you might ask. He got the flu shot 2 years ago and got so sick that I couldn't leave him alone for a week. That was when he had his one and only grand mal seizure. He ran a very high fever and just didn't seem to be getting any better. So, he will not get another one for quite a while, or at least until he gets a little bigger. I think I'm done rambling on for now.

ttfn

2 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Zombie_Flyboy said...

Hey, sorry he's sick, but I'm glad he's feeling a little better. Being sick is awful. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Later!

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Madame D said...

Oh no! I'm glad he got better and you didn't have to take him to the hospital.
Poor Little C. I was just thinking today about him and Reade playing Doom on the compy, and that I've got to take Reade to see the movie. He'd go apeshit.
Oh, wait. It's probably rated R. That would make me a BAD MOMMY. I'll just have to wait until it's out on video.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home