It's time for a change.

Trying to deal with a child with Asperger's Syndrome.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

We got a doggie...

On tuesday afternoon we got a dog from a friend I work with. Her neighbors had moved out and left him behind. It was a few days before she realized they had moved out and left him behind. So she took him in. She already has two dogs and after three weeks she was talking about him at work and I told her my Zevon would love to have another black lab.

So, we met at a store in town and took in our new member of the family. He is a black lab named Leroy. He is well behaved and very sweet. And I have an amusing dog story already.

I was watching tv and smoking when I look over and my youngest Little C is crawling around on the floor with the dog. Ok, all is well. Then I hear Zevon yell "No Leroy." and yell at Little C to get off the floor. What happened was Little C was crawling around on the floor in front of the dog, and the dog decided he was a girl dog and tried to hump my eight year old son. The dog is neutered, but that could still be a little tramatic for the boy.

Other than that the dog has a fear of riding in cars. So we're trying to break him of that. Also he is learning to stay off the furniture. He also fears plywood. He wont walk on it at all. He is really my dog because he likes me better. He will sleep on his doggy bed for me and not for my honey. He took doggy treats from me first. I think he will be ok. We love him already. I just hope he didn't potty in the house today. He was stuck inside all day long. Soon we will have to introduce him to smokey (the kitty cat), but until then all should be well.

I think that's all I have to say for right now. I don't know what to do with myself I'm home before 10 o'clock. Ok goodbye for now.

ttfn

1 Comments:

At 2:06 AM, Blogger Zombie_Flyboy said...

Hey, good luck with the dog.

Oh, and good luck to the eight year old as well. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home